What does “Next Level” mean to you? For some, it means moving into formal management or leadership positions. For others, it’s gaining clarity on what comes next both personally and professionally. No matter where you are, the move from entry-level to next-level can be challenging, the path unclear. How do you figure out what should be next for you? How do you seek out the voices that you need to speak into your career and life decisions? How do you transform entry-level skills and strengths into strategic management and leadership abilities?
Over a series of facilitated conversations, you will:
- Identify key areas of growth to move to the next level for you personally and professionally
- Share and seek out feedback on challenges and growth opportunities
- Discuss skills and strategies of effective management and leadership and how to apply them
- Create a personal development plan for what comes next, for you
Interested? Learn more about how to join below!
“This was so much better than any professional development conference or training. It was real-time conversation about what we are actually going through.” 2018-19 Group Participant
Each group will meet 8 times, for an hour each meeting, from February – May via video conference.
- Groups will be comprised of no more than 10 participants. All participants are expected to attend each of the eight scheduled meetings, to do all readings and assigned activities and to participate fully in each group discussion.
- Groups will be led by a member of the WFU Alumni Personal & Career Development Center staff.
- Group members will receive and work through books, articles, and other resources to support the conversation.
- Each participant will be offered the opportunity for ongoing individual video conference/phone coaching sessions during the program.
How to Participate
This group is designed for those with 5-10 years of experience in the workforce. Applicants must be from the undergraduate class years of 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011. To participate in the program you must fill out an application of interest by January 8th. Participants will be notified of their acceptance shortly thereafter. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and assessed on demonstrated interest and willingness to fully participate. Upon acceptance, participants will be asked to pay the non-refundable participation fee within 48 hours or your space will be released to the next qualified applicant.
Group Meeting Dates:
Meeting times from 12-1pm
Registration Fee: $99.00
Registration Deadline: January 8, 2021
Have questions or need more information? Contact Megan Bosworth Hoyt at email@example.com.
Don’t take our word for it – here’s what past participants thought about their group experiences!
“I thought it was helpful to discuss my career development goals with people in similar life positions. For that reason, I would recommend the course. ” 2019-20 Group Participant
“I gained personal insight on my professional values and goals, while also learning specific skills for improving my management (and potential management) of others as well as how to strengthen my current relationship with my own manager.” 2019-20 Group Participant
“This group was so incredible informational and beneficial for me as I was stepping into the role of becoming a manager of employees and staff at my current career.” 2019-20 Group Participant